• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence Cloud

What is the likelihood of you guys making Valence available in a "cloud" format? In other words a Cloud IDE, similar to Cloud9. You could charge a monthly fee or per hour fees for development/testing. Then provide an export capability for deployment to wherever. Or, you could also provide production environments to deploy your apps into the cloud (for additional fees, of course)...

We have already explored this a bit and the "monthly fees" you are referencing are normally far out of line between a developer's expectations and the reality of the cost of providing the services. How much would you be willing to pay for a service like this?

Comment

I imagine what a developer would be willing to pay would depend on his/her circumstances. If they were developing Valence based software for a living they might be willing to pay more ($200 - $600/month). If a company wanted their in-house staff to use it for R&D type stuff they might would pay $100 - $400/month. A single developer testing the waters (my category) might be willing to pay $60 - $120/month. Worst case scenario (from your perspective) if you had 20 single developers @ $60 each, that would be $1200/month... Not sure is that would cover your cost, though. Obviously, I am assuming 1 IBM i box with multiple instances running. But you would be promoting your product to developers and making it easily accessible to those who don't want to/can't spend $5000 or even $1200, especially if they just want to get their feet wet...

Comment

Working...
      X