• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support Server Side Includes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Server Side Includes

Each of our main sources (html) file contain about 30 static include script files (each containing different components, overrides, abstract classes, extended classes (containing the actual form or grid build up)). We have about 300 programs to build. Now we have everything in one place, so no copies at all, because of the components and classes we use), except for each mainline containing the same 30 include scripts.

So I activated Server Side Includes (SSI) within the apache config on the IBMi and created a include line in the main html source refering to 1 html file containing all the scripts. This works perfect and fast!

But there is one problem with this solution that the Valence Portal does not support this standard Apache feature.

I also tried to load in the scripts as a arraylist using the Valence.util.execScriptFiles method. This also works, but the script files are loaded in at the Ext.onReady event, which slows down starting up dramatically and secondly the browser does not cache these files (so each time the app starts up it is slow). So I hope that you will considder implementing Server Side Includes (or simlilar function) in the future within the Valence Portal.

Thanks in advance!

Siebe Vos
    Last edited by Siebe Vos; 10-20-2010, 04:59 AM. Reason: Type errors

Now use jscompression tools delivered by Sencha

Comment

Working...
    X