• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AutoCode recall generated program change regenerate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoCode recall generated program change regenerate

I generated a file maintenance program FMPROCDFL. It added to the Navigation and Works OK. I want to make some changes to it, but it is not listed in the Program creation List?

So I ask how do you make changes to programs created with AutoCode?

I thought maybe would be able to see the AutoCode in the Program Creation List and click on it and make changes and
    Regenerate it. Example If you chose File Maintenance and selected several fields then generated the program and determined
    You should have created 3 more fields. Instead of having go elsewhere to just add the three fields there would be the ability to
    Bring back the AutoCode information and select the three additional fields and regenerate it?

<image003.jpg>

I have downloaded EGL community edition and installed Aptana Web.
    <image006.png>

<image008.jpg>

I tried to installed Aptana in the IBM supplied Rational Software Development Platform but I get an error can’t locate the software
    On Aptana web site? Don’t know why since I was able to installed it in the EGL eclipse workbench that I downloaded.

<image009.jpg>

Anyway I realize you can edit the source but what I would like to see is a development environment at a level that would let you
    recall the information given to each prompt in AutoCode so you could make the changes necessary and regenerate the source code from
    AutoCode.

I would like to see in the Navigation panel a option to publish application that would auto create the Work Library and Folders for the Application.

I would like to see the AutoCode generate EGL source statements.

James
    James R. Martin
    J. Martin Associates
    5185 Tara Ln., Bossier City, LA 71111 - 7810
    Phone: (318) 752-4109 Cell Phone: ( 318) 773-9484
    Personal e-mail: jmartin@jmartinassociates.net
    Web Site: www.jmartinassociates.net
    Last edited by jmartin; 04-07-2010, 03:07 PM.

Hi Jim,

We've been focusing a lot of attention on AutoCode in the previous couple releases of Valence (most recently adding the add/edit/update capabilities you see currently), and we're going to continue making major enhancements to AutoCode going forward. But for now AutoCode is only intended to serve as a starting point for getting applications started. Once you've generated an application, it assumes all subsequent modifications will be made through direct manipulation of the source code.

That said, on our candidate list for Valence 2.2 is adding the ability to recall previously created AutoCode programs in order to add new fields, activate other features, etc. If other Valence users out there would be interested in seeing this feature as well, please chime in so we can get an idea of where this should be in the priority list.

Rob

Comment

Hi Robert,

It should indead be greath to have the possibility to update an application who is create with AutoCode via the portal.

This way the generated code could have some consistance the way its updated.

Hope you can put a higher priority on this.

BR+
      Danny

Comment

Autocode Recall

I agree.
        I'd like to see a higher priority for this request too.

Besides not saving the chosen options there is another drawback in the way the current version works.
        After generation, you can delete a generated program from the list.
        After closing Autocode this list isn't saved and the next time Autocode is started the list is empty again. If you would want to generate the program again under the same name you first have to delete all the components (RPG, HTML) manually.

Comment

Working...
        X