• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New format options on Input capable form fields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New format options on Input capable form fields.

For the phone # formatting...... I'm getting a format error message when the phone # is 0. Unfortunately, I have scads of accounts with no phone # so 0 is a valid entry. Can the error message be changed to ignore a 0 entry?

Thanx

Dan

I'm unfortunately unable to replicate this issue. Below is the example I put together to test it, and it works as expected with a zero value.

Example Data Source:
    Code:
    SELECT
      cast(0 AS decimal(10, 0)) AS phonenum
    FROM
      sysibm.sysdummy1
    PHONENUM Input Config:

nab-phone-mask-one.png

Running

Zero value and the field is not focused:

nab-phone-mask-two.png

Zero value and the field is focused:

nab-phone-mask-three.png

Phone number entered and the field is not focused

nab-phone-mask-four.png

Comment

ok.... i'll play with it to see if I can figure it out....

thx

Comment

My issue occurs when I use the new format AND I specify "Validate as Phone Number". Does the use of formatting mean I don't need to validate?

PhoneEdit.PNG

Comment

i see it does let me enter and save a bogus phone # when I remove the validation. Is this something that can be accommodated?

thx

dan

Comment

Ok, so that has to do with the "Validate as Phone Number." In the next 6.2 update, if you check "Suppress Zero Value," the validation will only be applied if the field isn't zero

Comment

great..... thanx!!

Comment

Working...
              X