• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tree grid expand/collapse loading animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree grid expand/collapse loading animations

I have a tree grid whose expansion and collapsing is linked to app variables.

In my app, I often set these variables to true/false, and then I refresh the tree grid immediately afterword.

Unfortunately, each time that I do this, the tree grid shows two loading animations. The first loading animation corresponds to the setting of the app variables. The second loading animation corresponds to the refreshing of the tree grid.

It would be amazing if the first loading animation didn't show. If the changes from the linked app variables were only shown when the tree grid is refreshed, then the tree grid would only have one loading animation and thus give users a smoother user experience when interacting with tree grids.

Thanks...we will look into this.

Comment

Are you setting the expand (or collapse) linked app variable at the same time you are setting the app variable to load?

Comment

Not exactly. I am doing this in an RPGLE program:

SetAppVar('collapse':'false');
        SetAppVar('expand':'false');
        SetResponse('refresh':'true');
        SetResponse('success':'true');

Comment

Working...
        X