• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Summary on a Field with a Changed Data Type.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Summary on a Field with a Changed Data Type.

I have a grid widget with columns that I would like to view a total for. The file that I'm selecting from has two fields of precision 13 and scale 2. In my data source, I sum on both fields and I convert the sum of field2 to an integer.

Currently, Nitro App Builder only lets me create a summary of type "total" on field1. For field2, I cannot do a summary at all. The only workaround for this is to put my SELECT statement in a CTE, and then select all from that CTE or format field2 as an integer via Valence CNX's built-in formatting feature instead of converting to an integer in the data source.

It would be great, however, if I was able to convert the field to an integer within the data source and be able to immediately make a summary of type "total" on that field in the grid widget editor.
    Last edited by TonyDB; 01-23-2023, 07:57 PM.
Working...
X