• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reuse Widgets Within App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuse Widgets Within App

I've been working on a truck loading process within our system and I have run into multiple issues where it would be easier and more maintainable if I could reuse a widget within an app.

For instance, we often need to move things between trucks when planning loads. We can do this either per item or per order. I would like the app to work either way. I currently have two separate widgets showing existing stuff on a load to handle both cases: one showing item level and another showing order level (I'm hoping the tree view will allow me to handle both eventually). To make it easier to manage within the app, I have broken those into two different sections.

The user can then decide to move things to another load. To do so, they click on a button that display a pop-up widget. The pop-up widget is used to select a valid load to move it to with its various error checking etc. This widget will work the exact same way whether they are operating at an item level or at an order level. It is dependent on the loads the stuff is moving between only. Once the new load is selected, a second widget will display below the first one and show everything that is on the new load that was selected at the same item or order level that the original widget is based on.

The problem I run into is that I seem to have to create two separate pop-up widgets and duplicate a lot of that logic just so I can display this load selection when I am processing at item level and a whole other copy for order level even though there is no distinguishable difference in this part of the process. I also don't seem to have a way to determine whether to open the new load item level widget or order level widget depending on which one opened the pop-up.

Long story short, I would like to be able to reuse specific utility widgets within an app and also use different behavior rules based on how it was opened.

We have dug into this and unfortunately it is a bigger task than you would think. Adding this to our internal task list but no ETA as of now.

Comment

Working...
    X