• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB - Add Shutdown Behaviors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB - Add Shutdown Behaviors?

Good Morning!

I have an app that finds and displays source code on our development server, and for the display portion, it first needs to create an IFS document from our source member. This all works fine, but I was looking for good ways to do some housekeeping and delete those documents from /tmp when no longer needed.

We have a behavior setting for Startup, and if we had one for Shutdown it would be the ideal place to add my RPG call.

What do you think?

Could the "Session Logout" exit program (set in Portal Admin -> Settings) accomplish what you are setting out to do?

https://valence6.helpdocsonline.com/...ing-the-portal

Comment

Ideally, I think it should be at an App-level for a couple of reasons:
      1 - the user might be in and out of the app many times before they log out of their session.
      2 - I am not sure the Session Logout would be able to access app variables with details about what needs to be cleaned up.

I might do the Session Logout for now, but it would be a lot better if each App could do its own housekeeping instead of always needing to change the exit program for new apps.

Comment

Understood...makes sense. Great suggestion. We will get to this in one of the updates for 6.1.

Comment

The next update will allow you to specify a "Close' program.

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 12.47.03 PM.png
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X