• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropped Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped Connections

I seem to be experiencing problems with random loss of connectivity. It can happen when I'm in the middle of using an app or editing in Nitro. I see a window telling me that connectivity has been lost. However, connectivity doesn't restore. If I refresh the screen, then I will be back in the portal without having to sign in again. When this happens, I still have a solid wifi connection. I've also received reports of connectivity issues from app users. However, other devices running non-Valence apps have no issues. Is there something I can change with time outs or polling to see if it improves the problem?

The problem could be that you need more Apache jobs to service your Valence instance. The default number of CGI jobs catering to an instance is typically five, so when all five jobs are busy then subsequent user requests get queued up waiting for one of the jobs to become available. If a request waits in line longer than 30 seconds then you'll see that "connection lost" message in the browser.

We have a blog post that explains how to bump up the number of CGI jobs that are spawned.

If the problem persists after trying this let us know.

Comment

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. I think that may have been part of my issue. I increased the number of CGI jobs and response time seems to have improved. I don't know what the impact is on unexpected disconnects yet, so I will keep monitoring.

Regards,

Ray

Comment

Working...
      X