• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting to Remote Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to Remote Database

Remote Database Error.png I got this message when I tried to connect to a remote SQL Server database:

Interesting. Can you do a DSPFFD VALENCE6/VVRMTDB and let us know what you see for column VVCPARMS?

Comment

The file is empty... the error happens when I am trying to create a remote DB connection. here are the parms on the add connection screen:

2024-02-22_10-04-29.png
      Last edited by dlstrawn; 02-22-2024, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Yes, but the level check doesn't have anything to do with data in the file. It's the file structure that appears to be the problem. What does DSPFFD show?

Comment

dspffd page 1.pngdspffd page 3.pngdspffd page 4.pngdspffd page 2.png

Comment

Any Ideas on this issue?

Comment

The VVRMTDB file structure is correct and current, so I'm a bit at a loss to explain how the VVADM_RDBS program object is apparently out of sync with it. But you should be able to correct the issue by simply recompiling the VVADM_RDBS program in your VALENCE6 library.

Once you get past this, it's possible you may encounter a separate MSGW issue when attempting to pull data from the remote connection via a NAB data source. If that happens let us know.

Comment

you're right, i got a MSGW. see below:

2024-02-28_15-05-40.png

Comment

Okay, well that's apparently because your VVBATCH program is also out of sync with the file. Are you on the latest Valence build? If not, can you apply the latest 6.2 update? That should resolve the discrepancy, however it occurred.

If applying the latest build is not an option for whatever reason, another approach you could try is simply changing the file to no longer level-check using this command:
                  CHGPF FILE(VALENCE6/VVRMTDB) LVLCHK(*NO)

Comment

trying to install the update and it is not letting me sign in... This is the userid i have always used...

screen shot 05.docx

Comment

dlstrawn : I'm going to send you a direct email, check your email inbox.

Comment

ok, i installed the latest release ...0126... Now I can't create a connection at all. When I go to save the connection it just spins screenshot.png

Comment

Very weird. Is there a MSGW on the backend again?

Comment

yes
                            screenshot.png

Comment

Alright, I'll reach out to you directly to look at this first hand via a web meeting. There must be something unusual going on there with that file.

Comment

Working...
                              X