• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nitro app - dropdown boxes with dependencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitro app - dropdown boxes with dependencies

we want to have a form with multiple dropdown lists, but f.e the 2nd dropdown list should only be populated , depending in the selected value of the first, and same with the 3rd , depending on the value of the 2nd

i thought to have seen this already somewhere , but can't find it back ..

is it possible to simulate 'dependant' dropboxes in Nitra APps? or am i mixing up with a regular extjs application?

in case it is possible with Nitro, can you help me on the way on how this should be achieved?

many thx in advance

Thierry

Yes, attaching a form helper program to your form makes this possible. Suppose I have 2 fields (both combo boxes) in my form: STATE and CITY.

Suppose the CITY field uses a data source with the following fields: XSTATE and XCITY.

The form helper program is specified to run anytime a field is changed. When STATE is changed, it will call your form helper program with a "gMode" of "change" and a "gField" of "STATE".

Code:
    lState = vvIn_char('STATE');
    FilterCombo('CITY':'XSTATE':lState);
    The code above pulls in the selected value of STATE. It then directs the CITY combo box to filter its results to only match those where XSTATE = lState.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Here is a link to a DD video where we focus on the form helper.

https://youtu.be/d0SlMIU7A4g?si=cUscWTdC8q_Vwtx5

Comment

Working...
      X