• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Suppression of Leading Zeros on Form Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Suppression of Leading Zeros on Form Input

I have a form that requires the user to input both a start and end date/time (which are 8,0 and 6,0 decimals respectively) to create a range for the main table to pull from. The time is in 24 hour format. when they confirm, i call a program for input validation to ensure that the date and time are valid. In my validation, I'm making sure that they are completely filling out the date and time (creating 2 8 long strings and 6 long strings). An issue arises if they need to type 12 am (000000) or anything in a single digit hour as the form automatically suppresses the leading zeros resulting in something like 10000 instead of 010000.

Is there any way to stop the suppression?

I would suggest you add a couple columns to your data source that are actual date type and time type fields, then use those in your form. NAB would recognize they're date/time fields and validate them accordingly on the front-end.

Comment

Sadly, my predecessors decided to create our back end tables using decimal columns instead of actual date and time values, so I need them in their 8,0 and 6,0 forms. I suppose i could use date and time types for the form, and then call a helper program to break it down into what i need

Comment

Working...
      X