• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to hide default value of a field on a form widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hide default value of a field on a form widget

I've got a sysdummy1 data source that I'm using for a form widget (SQL shown below) The fields need to be empty when the app is first loaded, and then they will get populated once the user selects a package. Right now, when the app loads, the fields have the default values as set in the SQL ('xxxxxx', 1234, etc) I thought turning off auto load would make those values not appear, but i can't seem to get them to go away. Is auto load messed up? or is there a different way to get empty defaults?

SQL.png
    App.png

If the widget's data/auto load is unchecked, then it will not load. However, if you're showing the widget in behaviors via "Hide/Show Widgets," do you have that set to "Load Data"?

If so, you would want it set to Reset/Clear Fields. If not, how are you showing the form widget?

Comment

Oh, that was totally it. I was showing the widget with the load data. I should have realized something was wrong when it was empty in the widget set up but populated in the app.

Thank you!

Comment

Great, glad it was an easy one

Comment

Working...
        X