• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

event listener not responding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• event listener not responding?

I have APP1 that launches APP2. APP2 updates data and fires an event. APP1 listens for the event and should refresh the tree grid to show the updates. I see the event is being fired but I don't see that APP1 is responding to the event. I have APP1 listening for the event at which time it sets an AppVar to Refresh the tree-grid. Doesn't seem to be happening. I have added a behavior to set NABMSG to a message just so I could see it reacting - i get no pop-up message window. What am I missing?

Can you open up the developer console and run through your steps again? There will be log entries that will help us better diagnose...please post back with a screenshot of them.

Comment

Console print screen attached.
      The elCycleReleaseEvent_1364 if the event in question.
      Let me know if there is something more detailed required.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Is the application that is meant to be "listening" (APP1) named "Shipment Cycle History"?

Comment

Yes.
          And it is...I believe.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Is the application that is firing the event "closing" itself upon firing the event? If so, be sure that you are firing the event BEFORE you are closing the application.

Comment

That was it.... I added the FireEvent behavior to the on-click logic after having already had the app up and functioning so, yes, the FireEvent was added after the close app action.
              Sorry to have taken up your time.
              Things are working fine.

Comment

Working...
              X