• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When form Save button is Clicked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When form Save button is Clicked?

I have an edit grid that is using a form for add and edit.
    I am wanting to know when the save button is pressed.
    The Save button seems to be just built in, so I don’t know how to drive other actions off it when it is clicked. I need to tell other widgets on the screen to refresh.

Is this possible? What is the best approach?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Yes, this is possible. In this case you would want to plug in an edit grid validation program. The template is EXNABVAL. I would just hook into the "ProcessPostAdd/Edit/Delete" procedures and set an app variable to load all of your other widgets.

Suppose you created an app variable named "loadAllData". You would "link" this app variable to refresh property for each widget. Then in your ProcessPostAdd, ProcessPostEdit, and ProcessPostDelete procedures you would add this line of code:

Code:
    SetResponse('appVar':'loadAllData':'true');

Comment

Sean,

Thank you for your response, this worked, the only thing is that after each change and save, a popup dialog box appears which is not needed. If you do click OK it just sits there on the form asking for you to either click on save or cancel again. How can I turn that off?

Capture.PNG
      Last edited by Jeremy Parker; 12-07-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Can you verify that your grid validation program is also returning back success:true.

Code:
        SetResponse('success':'true');

Comment

Thank you, That is what I was missing.

Comment

Working...
          X