• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text Box in NAB Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Box in NAB Application

I have an app with one widget which is an inquiry grid. Above the grid, I'd like to have a text box where I can display some information to the user... just some text I'd like to communicate to them. It's more text than can display using the grid's subtitle without getting cut off. This should be simple but I'm not sure the best way to do it... should I add another widget of some type? Or...? Thanks.

You could just place a form widget above the grid that has the information. Or, if you're on version 6.2 "6.2.20230630" or greater, you could use the info utility widget.

Comment

Sorry, how to add a form widget without any data source since I don't want to include any database fields, etc.? I just want one output only text box.

Comment

When you say text box do you mean just some static text to display to the user?

Comment

Yes. But it's more text than can display using the grid's subtitle without getting cut off.

Comment

If you're not at the version where the info utility widget is available, "this is the exact use case for it."

You will need to create a data source, then create a form over that data source. An example data source is below:

Code:
            SELECT
             'Some information to the user of the app' AS someInfo
            FROM
              sysibm.sysdummy1

Comment

Ok, thanks I will try that! Soon I will update to the latest version and will utilize that utility widget for this purpose, but I can't do the update right before black Friday, etc.! :-)

Follow-up: this work-around worked perfectly. Thanks!
              Last edited by roedea; 11-29-2023, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X