• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a form or a grid with out any sql data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a form or a grid with out any sql data

Is it possible to create a grid or a form with out any underlying sql query ?
    I am having an existing menu in my green screen where i can select an option and pass a run date then the SBMJOB will submit the job . I am planning to use the valance to replace the menu with a valence form such that i want to pass the date to the underlying valence program which inturn invoke the SBMJOB . i know to make it happen when form is created with data from an underlying sql query , But my question is there a way we can create a form without attaching to any DB query same time we can accept the input from user and pass to the underlying program simliar to a menu in the Iseries ?
    Thank you
    Vinod

Will your form data be needed just before making a back-end call?If so, then you can create your form using the "Prompt For More Info" section in "Call RPG Program".

Comment

Working...
    X