• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to integrate an Angular Application with Valence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to integrate an Angular Application with Valence

I am currently developing an Angular app and am trying to integrate it with Valence. The goal is to have app work like other valence apps. The benefit being I don't have to create my own authentication and continue to use Valence as a centralized location for users to access all of the companies apps.

I have tried creating a valence app and linking to the Angular site. I am able to check if the user is authenticated using the sessionId that is passed in the url. I have not figured out these issues though:
    1. I am not able to access the browser storage. From what I have read this is because iframes sandboxes the embedded site and the emending site must allow access. This also could be caused because the Angular site being hosted on a different server then valence.
    2. How to launch a new valence app from the angular app? I would like to open a new tab and pass parameters. The ability to open any valence app may be useful in the future also.

If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

1. Access to the local storage is denied because of CORS since you're loading a URL from a different domain. You could enable CORS on the Apache instance, I believe, via the .htaccess file.
    2. To launch a new application in the portal, the application would need to include the "/resources/valence.js." However, this was intended for applications on the same instance, so I'm not sure if it would work for applications on a different domain.

Comment

Ok, Thank you. I will see if those solutions work.

Comment

Working...
      X