• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gSelectCnt not populating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gSelectCnt not populating

Background - I have an app with a button that executes a backend RPG program.
    Intent - When the user selects a row via a check box on a grid, it should pass a record id of the respective record and the NABBTN program tied to it should update the record's field with the value provided by the user on the popup box.

Issue - I have a record selected, dev tools show "SelectionCount" = 1. However, in my backend program, I see the value in the gSelectionCnt field = 0. See the below snippet of my debug.

Remedies tried -
    Recompiled the program, and saved the app on NAB again. Restarted the instance too. Still no luck.

I have seen this issue happening only once long ago, but it got fixed by itself. Any help on this is appreciated.
    Valence version - 6.2.20230721.0
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

It sounds like your button is not attached directly to the grid, correct? If this is the case, you must call the "SetWidget" procedure in your RPG program first, then retrieve the count value. You can give your grid a "friendly" name by clicking the settings icon when you hover over your grid.

SetWidget('myGrid');
    Last edited by robert.swanson; 11-01-2023, 11:45 AM.

Comment

That worked. Thanks Sean.

Comment

Working...
      X