• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One dropdown populates but not the other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One dropdown populates but not the other

Hello,

I have this bothersome bug. I have two data sources defined the exact same way:

SELECT
    tbkey,
    tbdata,
    rrn(VNPTABLE) AS rrn1
    FROM
    vnptable
    WHERE
    (tbtype = 'CUTT')
    ORDER BY
    tbdata

SELECT
    tbkey,
    tbdata,
    rrn(VNPTABLE) AS rrn1
    FROM
    vnptable
    WHERE
    (tbtype = 'GRAD')
    ORDER BY
    tbdata

I have a third dummy data source with these two fields defined among other fields:
    char('S', 1) AS fccuttype,
    char(' ', 2) AS rcgrade,

I have a form that uses the dummy data source as its basis, and it has two editable dropdowns on those fields that use the other data sources (See attached).

I have code that is supposed to populate them:

SetValue('RCGRADE' : VDGRADE);
    SetValue('FCCUTTYPE' : VDCUTTYPE);

... and yet when I open the form and populate these two fields, executing the code above with non-blank values, one of the dropdowns shows correctly, and the other doesn't (See attached Form Dropdowns.png). Grade should not be blank.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

What value are you setting grade to? Does this exact value exist in your data source? Be weary of any leading/trailing blanks.

Comment

Interesting. You hit the nail on the head. The data source trims the values. If I set the value using %Trim() in the RPG, it populates! Thanks much!

Comment

Working...
      X