• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reset SETRESPONSE(‘formFieldError’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset SETRESPONSE(‘formFieldError’

Hi. I’m new to Valence development and could use some help. I have a Form with 3 fields. Fields A and B work together. When one is in error, I mark both with a formFieldError. When one is changed, and the error no longer exists and the changed field is no longer in error. The other field having not been changed retains it error status and error message. Is this intended behavior? Is there a way to programmatically set the unchanged field to not be in error? Thanks

Is there a "form helper" program attached to this form?

Comment

Yes, there is a form helper attached.

Comment

This is the intended behavior. When you specify a field to be in error it will remain in error until the value of the field is changed by the user or programmatically changed. I would suggest trying the following:
        • Be sure that your helper program is specified to be called when a field is changed.
        • Add code in your helper program that will run with field "A" is changed...sounds like you may already have something like this in place.
        • If the value for field A is no longer in error then add the following statement
          • ResetField('B');

Comment

Thanks Sean. The reset is what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X