• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Screen Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Screen Keyboard

Is there any way to control when on screen keyboards pop up? I have an application that uses dropdowns and the keyboard pops up when trying to select a value. Also, is there a way to force Valence to identify fields as numeric so the on screen keyboard pops up ready for numeric input rather than alpha?

In the next 6.2 update, if the field is numeric, we will ensure that the numeric keyboard is displayed. As for the drop-down, we will need to investigate this issue

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, we are not experiencing the issue with a numeric field or a dropdown field on a form when running on a mobile device. When tapping on a numeric field, the numeric keyboard is displayed. As for the dropdown, it shows the list unless I force focus on the field, allowing the user to type to filter down the list.

Here is a very quick video, and the 'YTD Sales' field is numeric, while the 'State' field has been transformed into a dropdown.

Comment

Hi Johnny,

I'm not in the mobile app. I'm experiencing the behavior on a 2 in 1 device when it's in tablet mode.

Regards,

Ray

Comment

Working...
        X