• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using 'action' in a program call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 'action' in a program call

I'm trying to call a back-end program with an action on startup of an app.
    pgmaction.png
    In my code Im using vvIn_char('action') to get the action value, but it seems to be returning nothing.
    pgmcode.png
    pgmdsply.png

I would remove the quotes surrounding your action value

Comment

Actually, Rob just pointed out that you are using 'Action' instead of 'action'

Comment

oh, apologies, I was initially using 'action', but since that wasn't working I tried 'Action' I forgot to change it back in the picture. I just tried using action without quotes, but that just makes the program think it is a undefined variable. so neither 'action', 'Action', nor action seems to work

Comment

also to clarify, removing the quotes on EV1 doesn't work either, that was another desperation attempt to see if something else would work lol

Comment

I would remove the quotes surrounding EV1 in NAB behaviors and perform the following in your RPG program.

Code:
            account = vvIn_char('action');

Comment

At the moment, I have exactly that line of code, and the action being passed in is just EV1 (no quotes) but it still isn't returning any value

Comment

The value of action is placed into global variable "gAction". gAction is available in every NAB template program.
                Last edited by robert.swanson; 06-20-2023, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X