• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table is view only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table is view only?

Long story short... I screwed up an edit grid that was part of app. I deleted the grid and the data source.
    I recreated the data source using SQL (select * from AMZSPCFG) - this is a physical table.
    I'm trying to recreate the edit grid. When I click on the "Include" beside each column on the Edit tab (of the Edit grid), it automatically checks read only. If i try to uncheck Read Only, I get a message :

Table "*LIBL/AMZSPCFG" is view only.

Sounds odd...

What happens if you go into SQL and enter this statement:

HTML Code:
    select insertable, table_type
      from systables
     where system_table_name='AMZSPCFG'
           and system_table_schema='YOUR_LIB'
    (replace YOUR_LIB with the actual library name)

Comment

INSERTABLE = Y
      TABLE-TYPE = T

From Run Sql Scripts.

This whole thing started because I couldn't get the Edit grid to allow me to copy or delete a row. I ended up trashing my data source and grid to start over. I still have the same issue.

Comment

Update for the forum community...

We ended up connecting in a Zoom call and determined the issue stemmed indirectly from having converted this wizard-based data source to SQL. When that conversion happens, it wraps the file name in quotes, and that was causing the Edit Grid widget to treat the columns as non-editable.

So removing the quotes from the file name in the SQL statement solved the problem. We'll work to get this corrected in an upcoming build.

Comment

Working...
        X