• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit Grid and SendError() not preserving input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Grid and SendError() not preserving input

Couple questions about edit grids and sendError()...

I have an edit grid and using row edit function (as opposed to cell edit). In my validation program ProcessEdit() procedure, when an error occurs while editing an existing record I am executing sendError('my error message':'myfield');

The error message pops up a window with the error message. When I click 'OK' on the message the window goes away, but my keyed data disappears and the original untouched record is displayed.

Two questions:
    1. The documentation in EXNABVAL says the message will be placed by the field. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    2. Is there a way to retain the keyed data when editing an existing record and an error is detected?

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by robert.swanson; 03-09-2023, 03:39 PM. Reason: added line feeds for better clarity

The second parameter of field is only valid when your edit grid is not using either of the "inline" editing options (row edit or cell edit). I know it may not be entirely obvious but the documentation for "SendError" does contain a note for this.

We are still looking into your other question. We are able to replicate it but are internally discussing how to best handle this since it will require a code change.

Comment

Ok, thanks for feedback. I will code it to not use the in-line editing and put the edit and controls in the back-end. That makes the most sense now that I have had time to think on it.

Comment

Working...
      X