• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lookup feature in edit grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookup feature in edit grid

How do I use the LOOKUP feature in the edit grid ?

Lookup option.docx

Are you waiting long enough for the loading of the available grids? I just see in your document the loading mask on the listing of available grids

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 8.39.27 AM.png

Comment

What type of grid do I create to make it a drop down list.....can the list be hard coded so that when the user sees the field it is like a drop down list ? Is that what a Loop up does ?

Comment

A lookup is meant to use an existing grid widget to select a value. Sounds like you want to use a dropdown with inline data

Comment

I am already using drop downs from for some of the fields referencing an SQL file for data...

What if I want to create a list say the user can select from a predefined list of values that does not come from an existing data file ? For instance I have a field in the edit grid that I want the users to select from a set of codes say Group invoice and the codes is A,B,C or D. How do I set this up so when I display the edit grid for the Group invoice field will have a drop down list with values A,B,C,D

Comment

If I'm understanding correctly, just use the dropdown with Inline Data instead of an existing Data Source. Inline data allows you to enter your own hard-coded data rather than data coming from a table.

For example, here I've entered two lines of custom data for a dropdown:

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 9.15.30 AM.png
            Last edited by robert.swanson; 02-21-2023, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I totally missed it....thank you for your patience.....

Comment

Working...
              X