• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

logging off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logging off

Hello, is there a way to get the logoff/change password link when starting an App in a new tab/window. The user does not have access to the valance portal only the app. Is there a NAB that can be programmed,

newtab.docx

You can execute a script in behaviors to logout/show the change password window

Logout
    Code:
    Runner.getApplication().fireEvent('logout');
    success();
    Change Password
    Code:
    Runner.getApplication().fireEvent('changepassword');
    success();

Comment

Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply. I tried as you suggested but it doesn't pop-up the window. I attached the actual script from the app. Is there something else I need to add to the script ?

changepw-logout.docx

Comment

The events I provided are only available if the app is not running within in the portal. If your app is running within the portal even if the application is set to "Start this App in a New Browser Window" the user must access the logout and change password from within the portal

The events are valid if the application is running on its own without the portal. For example you can see the URL of a NAB app to run outside the portal by clicking the share menu option against a NAB app

NAB Share App.png

Comment

I see...I believe I was running it within the portal.....I will try using the external link I created to go directly to the app....

Comment

Yes that worked perfectly....

thank you

Comment

Working...
            X