• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interrupt called RPG program to prompt for more info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interrupt called RPG program to prompt for more info

I have a called program on button press that is used to process a bunch of information, but in the middle of that processing I need to ask the user if the information they selected is of type X or Y (this can change on a case to case basis). I was wondering if there is a way to pause the program and launch another widget or app to ask the user for input, then send a response back to the program saying it can continue.

I was considering firing an event, but I assumed that the other program would either continue running or fall out of scope.

Hi Shawn,

We don't have a way to pause the execution of a call to the backend and gather more information.

However if I am understanding correctly I would recommend making one call to determine if more information is needed. Then based on the success value true/false ask for more information

For example grid icon column is clicked then first calling MYPGM with an action "moreInfo" and if more information is required MYPGM is setting response with success:true and on success=true via behaviors calling MYPGM with action "processInfo" and prompting user for more information.

Then on success=false via behaviors calling MYPGM with action "process" not prompting the user for more information.

Comment

I completely forgot actions were a thing! That will work perfectly, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X