• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the new spool file viewer popup on a grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the new spool file viewer popup on a grid

I have a button (see screen shot.docx) on a grid of scheduled jobs and when I click on the button of a particular row, I want to bring up a spool file of the job...

We'll be doing a Developer Diaries and maybe a Tip-of-the-Month write-up on this new feature soon, but here's something to get you pointed in the right direction...

There are five elements needed to display a spool file, all of which must be included as separate columns in the data source for your grid:
    1. The spool file name
    2. The spool file number
    3. The job number
    4. The job user
    5. The job name
    So be sure your data source has those in there before you go any further.

Next, create five app variables to hold these spool file elements (i.e., splFileName, splFileNumber, jobNumber, jobUser, jobName).

With those app variable in place, you can now add a pop-up spool file viewer to your desired section by doing the following steps:
    • Click Add Widget
    • Hit the Utility Widgets button in the upper right
    • Click on Spool File Viewer
    • In the prompt window, give this widget a name, fill in the five app variables in the appropriate spots, click the "Add as Popup" checkbox, then hit OK.
    Finally, in Behaviors, you will want the "view spool file" button in your grid to do two things when clicked:
    • Set the five app variables, pulling the appropriate columns from your grid's data source
    • Show the Spool File Viewer popup utility widget you created

You will likely want to expand the width of the popup so users can see the spool file without having to scroll horizontally.
    Last edited by robert.swanson; 12-21-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X