• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Hidden Filter changes just announced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Hidden Filter changes just announced.

When hiding a filter from the user, is it optional to remove the filter? Can I hide the filter, but still have the filter apply to the data source? I have been making use of this feature.

If the user filter is hidden, it will not be used as part of the filtering for the widget.

As you mentioned, the previous behavior would still include it as part of the filtering. We were treating this as a bug rather than as a feature. Sounds like we will have to come up with something for you though. What if you could set a filter field to read only?

Comment

Sean, Thanks for your response. Actually I realized that I don't require the hidden filter feature. I was working on a new app that would have included a filter by user profile - and using the hidden filter allowed me to filter by the current user without showing the filter. I realized that I can solve this issue by using nabUser and vvIn_Virtual on the data source. So you can ignore my request. Although, having hidden filters that the user cannot manipulate might have some value? Again, thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
      X