• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

launch a nitro outside of portal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• launch a nitro outside of portal ?

I have an app that requires no authentication at all and that i would like to launch from outside of the portal.. from just a windows shortcut on the desktop..

is that even possible?? if yes.. how?
    i already tried on the portal app settings to specify windows Url instrad of valence application but i get to following error

i assume i need to change the url, but can't find anywhere what the parms should be like
    can you advise please

PHP Code:
    Attempt to call back-end server program VVQRYAPP blockedNo app ID passed 

(BTW: Backend authorizaion required is set to "off")

thx in advance

thierry

Hi Thierry,

All Nitro Apps are wrapped with portal security so if you want users to run the application outside of the portal with no required authentication we recommend creating a user specific for running those apps. Then pass the user/password in the URL

To get the URL go into NAB > Apps and click the share button off the row menu for the app

Example :

Code:
    MyIBMi:7061/build/production/Runner/index.html?autoLogout=false&app=155&user=myUser&password=myPassword

Comment

Perfect!!! works like a charm and opens perspective for other usage!

thx for the quick response !

Comment

Working...
      X