• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Enter Key to Update Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Enter Key to Update Form

I have a form widget that is updating the displayed name once the user inputs a clock number, the issue is its only updating the name once the user clicks off of the clock number input field. I am using the template helper program to show/hide some other fields and calculate the user's name. Is there any way to make it so when the user presses Enter, the helper program gets called? I have the helper program set to "At form creation and each time a field is changed"

The form helper process is currently being reworked. The next update will handle this for you as the form helper can be called once user input stops. If you cannot wait for the next update then the following steps should give you what you need:
    • Open your application in NAB
    • Locate your form widget and click the settings for it
    • Give your form a "name" (located in the left side form). For this example, I will call it "myForm".
    • Click the behaviors button
    • Under "Startup", add a new action: Execute Script (see script below)

Code:
    var myForm  = getWidget('myForm'),
        myField = myForm.down('[name=NAME_OF_MY_FIELD]');

myField.on({
      buffer : 500,     // wait for 500 seconds of inactivity before calling form helper
      change : function(cmp){
        myForm.onChangeField(cmp);
    }});
    success();

Comment

Working...
    X