• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB Widget placement within an App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB Widget placement within an App

I have an app with two widgets side by side... the widget on the left (bar chart) is 1/3 of the screen, the one on the right (grid) is 2/3.

I'm trying to add a 3rd widget (small grid). I would like to place it below the widget on the left 1/3 of screen, leaving the grid on the right 2/3 intact.

I can not figure out how to accomplish this. Seems like it should be fairly easy.

Wrap your chart and new widget within a "vertical container". You can add a vertical container by clicking "Add Widget" and then clicking the "Utility Widgets" button on the top right.

Comment

That was easy... THANKS!

I have an initial values program (the same one) on all 3 widgets. It sets the warehouse based on the user's IP (location).

Since I have 3 widgets all filtering on "Warehouse Location"... would I be better off using an app variable and setting this at the App level?

Is it possible to have a "global filter" at the app level using app variables now?

Comment

Yes, there are a couple of approaches that could work:
        • Change your widgets to not auto load data
        • Create a new app variable: warehouse
        • Add a startup program and set your "warehouse" app variable
        • On startup (behaviors), filter all of your widgets using the "warehouse" app variable
        Or....
        • Change the data source(s) for your widgets to use vvIn_virtual as your warehouse filter.
        • Create a new app variable: warehouse
        • Add a startup program and set your "warehouse" app variable

Comment

Thanks...

I actually used a variation of the second option w/out changing the data sources to use vvIn_virtual.

I added widget filters as Startup behaviors... then filtered using the app variable set in the startup program.

Comment

Working...
          X