• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why adding Store always creates cache clear issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why adding Store always creates cache clear issue

Hoping someone could explain to me what is different about a Store where adding one to an existing application always forces a cache clear if the app is cached? Talking MVC style apps.

I don't get it. This is usually associated with a combo field. The cache control is smart enough to know the app.js and the form.js changed, the new combo field renders. But unless you clear your cache, you will not get any values in drop down combo box. It makes no difference if a static Store where you hard code value/text pairs or make a dynamic server call to load Store, it's empty until you clear cache.

Even worse, if it happens to be a combo on the initial view tied to the Viewport, the app no longer even loads successfully. You just get a "white page" until you clear.

It's like the cached object is the Store Manager or something, something internal that makes stores work? I don't know what else it could be.

Anyone with any insight here, I'd certainly like to understand this behavior. Thanks!

Hi Terry,

I’ve never seen this type of behavior before. Is the application in question built using Sencha Cmd?

I have to assume something else is at play here

Comment

No, I'm still creating the system and getting it stable, so not to point of doing builds with Cmd. That is long run goal and I'm sure that will make it go away. But this is just the source code being directly accessed by browser. Like I said, it appears to me to be something like the Store Manager itself because the store renders, just displays no values when you click the Combo drop down.

Comment

Working...
      X