• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit grid NAB - Check + update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit grid NAB - Check + update

Case : I have an edit grid with certain editable fields and some read only fields.

I want to check the input of the editable fields and if correct update them.

I thought, I will do it via the settings/validation and create a program where I do the checks (inMode = ‘EDIT’) and update (inMode = ‘POSTEDIT’); like in EXNABVAL.

And finally my question : to check the value of a certain field, I need to know for which field the program is called (name of the field). I guess if I know this, I can retrieve the value which is entered in Valence via the procedure “GetValue”.

Maybe this is not the way to do it? If not, how can we do this?

Hi,

Yes, procedure ProcessEdit is where you would want to perform edit checks etc. If you want to stop the update simply use SendError.

To get the value of a field you do use GetValue passing the name of the field and file

Comment

Working...
    X