• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add a summary row at the bottom of a group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a summary row at the bottom of a group?

Say I have a table that has a bunch of part numbers in it, and each individual part number instance has its own quantity. Is there a way to add a total quantity row for each group of records with the same item number?

I know you can group the records by item number in the data section of a grid, but I can't find any way to add a sum for each group.

If you have a grid that is grouping a column and is summarizing column(s) you should see a summary row for each group

For example using DEMOCMAST this grid widget is grouping by the country column and summing the sales column

I believe this is what you're looking for

NAB Sum Sales.png

NAB Sum.png

NAB Result.png

Comment

When you say grouping by column, do you mean using the group drop-down menu in NAB or do you mean using "Group By" when building the Data source?

What you showed is exactly what I want, but if I try using the group drop-down menu in NAB and while at the same time having a summary assigned to a column, the NAB freezes up and I have to close it out without saving changes. If I try using the "Group By" part of the wizard, I can get a total amount for everything combined but it doesn't seem to actually group.

Comment

Yes, grouping by the grid widget not within the data source itself

I think it might be best to get on an online meeting to see what might be happening with your grid widget.

If you can send an email to support we can schedule a quick meeting

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X