• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing an app before it even gets started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing an app before it even gets started

I have an app that allows the user to select from a list of divisions they are authorized to. When a user is only authorized to a single division we don't want to make them select from a dropdown that only has 1 option in it.

Currently I have an RPG startup program that will check to see how many divisions the user is authorized to, and if it's only 1 the startup program will set a session variable and fire an event. The app is listening for that event, and if that event is fired it will Close App.

The problem is that the app flashes on the screen for a second. I'm currently just setting the nabInfo variable to let them know that the division was auto-selected for them (so that hopefully they're not left wondering what just happened).

Wondering if there's a better way for an app to preemptively close itself down before it even gets started. Hoping that I'm just overlooking something simple.

Hi Patrick,

Is this app just an app they launch directly from the Valence launchpad or is another application launching it?

Thanks

Comment

Called from another app

Comment

Since you're launching it from another application I would suggest testing from that application if they should launch the other application. Could be done with a NAB feature or conditioning via RPG call

Comment

Working...
        X