• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I trigger the form helper program on a button click?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I trigger the form helper program on a button click?

I have a form with a helper program and a button for saving the data on the form. I also have a button program that returns data that is loaded into the form. I want to re-edit the form with new data received from the button program. Restated: when the user clicks the save button I want to do another edit of the data on the form. The edit logic is in the helper program. Can I trigger the helper program when the save button is clicked?

Sorry but we are not entirely clear. Let's call the form helper program "A", the save button program "B". Is there another program involved?

Are you asking for program "B" to call program "A"? Or are you looking for a way to have the front-end initiate a call to program "A"?

Comment

My form has a button that calls an app where the user selects values from a data grid. The values selected are placed in app variables and an event is fired.
      My app has an event listener (Program B), that takes the app variables and updates 3 form fields from the app variables.
      At the point where the fields are updated, or when the user clicks the save button on my form, I would like to invoke the helper program (Program A), so that I can run the form edit logic which is in the helper program. The button program for the SAVE button is also Program B, but with a different ACTION value.
      I am asking for a way to edit my form based on data changes keyed by the user and data changes caused by the button program.
      It feels like, perhaps, I need to move my form edits into a program other than the helper program?

Comment

This issue was resolved in an online meeting. The solution was to add an "Execute Script" action that forces the form to calls its "helper" program.

We will provide a simpler/cleaner way in an upcoming update.

Comment

Working...
        X