• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Exporting Apps to Different Instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Exporting Apps to Different Instances

​​​Whenever I try to export an app to a different instance I get an "Unable To Export Query" error.
    When I view the job error log in ibm I get this:

errorlog.png

I can't seem to find a way to fix this, any help would be appreciated!

Does it work if you simply export the application rather than attempting to export it directly to another instance?

Comment

No, it shows the same error

Comment

I believe we have a fix for this issue pending for the next build. But we can probably get you fixed before that...

Do you see a *FILE object called VVEXPORTS inside your VVEXPORT library?

Comment

No, all that is in there is a single save file called A220816235

Comment

Okay, try this:

Move the VVEXPORTS file currently in library VALENCE6 over to library VVEXPORT. If you see a VVEXPORTS object in any other library, delete it.

Then try the export again.

Comment

I don't appear to have a VVEXPORTS file in VALENCE6 or any of my other Valence instance libraries, the closest thing is the VVEXPORT PGM itself

Comment

Interesting... Perhaps there was a weird exception on your 6.1 upgrade.

Try this command:
                RUNSQLSTM SRCFILE(VALENCE6/QSQLSRC) SRCMBR(VVEXPORTS)

Unless it throws an exception, that command should create the VVEXPORTS object. Verify it's located in the VVEXPORT library, then your app export should work.

Comment

Thank you! that managed to fix it for the most part. I am now getting a separate error however when I try to export specifically to my developer instance of valence (VAL6DEV) that says "Critical difference found in file VAL6DEV/VVQRY300 (Field VVIDTYPE is missing or mismatched)" Would that be because the App ID of the app I'm exporting is already being used in the VAL6DEV library? i.e. I'm exporting app id 1002 and there is already a 1002 in the development environment?

Comment

That sounds like an issue addressed in the most recent build (6.1.20220706). Are you on a build prior to that? You can see your current build by clicking on the user ID icon in the upper right, then click the info (i) button.

Comment

Ah, I thought I had updated that instance, but I guess it had failed and I didn't notice or something, that fixed it though, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X