• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with a new Instance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with a new Instance

I had 3 instances.. Base, Dev. and Production. I downloaded an upgraded the base instance to 6.1 (all previously 6.0). Since my Dev instance was created a while ago, I deleted it. When i tried to copy my Production instance to create a new Dev instance, I got a message that the "object already exists". The library VALENCE6D and IFS directory /valence-6d were still there.
    So I deleted those and was able to create & start a new Dev instance. It appears to be running, but I can't connect to it.

We did some things in our production instance to only allow SSL connections (i.e. https) - I'm wondering if this is part of the issue?

Keep in mind that in addition to deleting the instance record in Instance Manager, you must also manually delete the corresponding instance library and IFS directory.

If you copied Production to Dev and the Production instance is configured for SSL, then you'll probably need to remove that configuration from the config file for Dev, which is best handled through the Apache Admin interface at your_IBMi_address:2001/HTTPAdmin.

It may be easier to simply delete the Dev instance again, copy your non-SSL Base instance to create the new Dev instance, then use VVMIGRATE to copy everything from Production to Dev.

Comment

OK... So I'm having some real issues here. I assume I need to have the base instance running and be in it to create a copy from it?

I can start the base instance, but it is not usable. When I enter instance manager, It is indicating "Enterprise License Key Required".

I added my license key from our production instance - that didn't change anything. In settings, everything says *INVALID KEY.

Not sure where to go from here.

Comment

It sounds like you need to apply an updated key. We will reach out to via email.

Comment

So in addition to needed an updated key... I had changed system value QALWOBJRST
          to *ALWPTF as suggested for security.

This system value needs to be *ALL to copy an instance.

Comment

Working...
          X