• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Export to Excel and PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export to Excel and PDF

I have a grid widget with an Excel and PDF export and I have a few issues.

The grid columns names are not static, so they are renamed using app variables along with HTML to change the font and color.

When i run the export to excel, the HTML tags appear in the spreadsheet column headings. When I export to PDF the column names are correctly rendered, but it moves 1 column heading away from the column it should be in.

If I remove the HTML tags from the grid, the exports look better with one exception.
    Whether or not the HTML tags are used, the total row at the bottom of the grid never appears in the excel export. It does appear correctly in the PDF.

Can give use two of your column headings value where you’re using inline HTML so we can try and replicate this?

As for totals on Excel we don’t do that for excel right now

Thanks

Comment

Here are 2 examples:

<h1 style="font-size: 110%; color: #1e90ff"> COIN </h1>

<h1 style="font-size: 110%; color: #1e90ff"> FLAT </h1>

FYI - I am sending these HTML headings via app variables so they set in our host system via RPG.

Comment

Thanks, we were able to replicate this and it will be fixed in our next update

Comment

OK thanks. One other thing I noticed. The headings in the PDF doc (this is when not using HTML but still using app variables to change the headings ) don't print if I enable the fields on the PDF override screen.

Comment

In the next update even if the download is overridden at the widget level if an app variable changes the column heading it will use that

Thanks

Comment

Hi

We are currently running the 6.1 version.. I tried the html tags again - see post from Feb.
              But the issues still persist. PDF column headings get drawn in wrong location and the html tags are still appearing in the excel export.

Were the updates included in the 6.1 release?

Comment

Unfortunately we can't replicate your issue. We have an application that has HTML markup in an app variable that is tied to the grids column heading and see the column heading in PDF/Excel.

Will need more information like the values of your headings how is your grid setup etc

Comment

Working...
                X