• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filter on an Edit Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter on an Edit Grid

I know there's a way to do this, EXNABFLT maybe, but I'm just not getting it....

I have an Edit Grid with a filter field.....The Grid has a Clear/Reset button to allow the user to go back to square 1, clearing anything they may have done and showing them all the data......If they entered a filter, then hit Clear/Reset the filter stays in place. How do I clear out the filter value so the user gets the entire Grid when Clear/Reset is clicked?

Thanx

Dan

Appears you found a bug! The reset function was apparently broken by some other enhancements that were made recently to app variable logic. We'll have this corrected in the next build, which should be released in the next couple weeks.

Comment

kewl.... But just to be sure --- my original post wasn't very clear ---- the "reset" function I'm referring to is my own, not the "Reset" option available in Edit Grids....

This grid allows selections, so I present 10 items, the user filters so only 3 remain, then selects 2 of them. If they change their mind and click my Clear/Reset, I need all 10 items to be presented again. That doesn't happen unless they manually clear the filter. I'd like the filter to go away as part of my button process to Clear/Reset the users selections.

thanx

Comment

Hi Dan,

We have reset filters in Link To App Variables however we found that it's currently in a broken state in the current build

When its fixed in the next build you can just set and app var to 'true' to reset a filter field(s)

If you don't want to wait for the next update just send support an email and we can give you a patch

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 1.20.08 PM.png

Comment

ah.... gottcha.... no rush... thanx

Comment

Working...
          X