• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot get NAB Column Chart to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get NAB Column Chart to load

I think I'm running into some kind of performance issue. The data source is over a complicated SQL view that I created. I built Indexes to get the source to respond quickly in run SQL scripts.
    When the data source is created, i get a message from NAB that the data would be cached.
    After adding a column chart widget over the data, it will not load.

I'm not sure where to go. I have a similar problem with a grid widget over the same SQL view.

This is for the chart
    Code:
    SELECT
    whs_nbr,
    sum(case WHEN bin = 'TRK' THEN est_moves END) AS trk_moves,
    sum(case WHEN bin <> 'TRK' THEN est_moves END) AS primary_moves
    FROM
    v_rplbyloc
    GROUP BY
    whs_nbr
    This is for the grid
    Code:
     whs_nbr,
    com_nbr,
    part_nbr,
    part_desc,
    aisle,
    bin,
    level,
    pick_qty,
    bin_qty,
    plt_qty,
    est_moves
    FROM
    v_rplbyloc

The slowness could be due to the SQL sort sequence being used if the app is processing a lot of records. You could try changing your data source(s) to use *HEX, which would likely match what's being used in ACS SQL scripts.

FYI, the default sort sequence in Valence is *LANGIDSHR, which gives equal weight to upper and lower case letters. It's convenient for users, but it can add some noticeable overhead when lots of records are involved and all the available indexes are defined in *HEX sequence. This would come into play whenever you're filtering, grouping or sorting on a character field.

For more info:
    https://www.cnxcorp.com/blog/your-users-need-speed

Comment

I tried changing that... but this is related to my other post. I think it's a DB2 issue.

Comment

Working...
      X