• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid Validation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid Validation

Just a couple questions: I was adding app variables to one of my validation programs and nothing would compile... Then I noticed that the /include and /define entries were different in the EXNAB* version...... So I changed my program, made several other changes to resolve the compile errors, and then everything worked fine.....

1. should I go back and change all my validation programs to use the new source from EXNAB*? I'm guessing I should or the appvar stuff won't work....right?
    2. In the app, I'm trying to link a field in the grid to an appvar ---- the appvar is updating but it doesn't seem to alter the data in the grid.... Should it??

Thanx

What compile error were you receiving?

Originally, EXNABVAL based programs retrieved copy source from VVNABTMPL:

Code:
    /define nabValidation
    /include qcpylesrc,vvNabTmpl
    At some point, we broke this out into its own dedicated copy source member as VVNABTMPL was getting a bit messy as it was meant to accommodate all NAB copy source.

I would say as long as your programs compile there is no need to switch over to the new template/copy source. However, I would like to know the compile error as I am sure we can fix this when using the old copy source.

As far as your second question, you cannot link an app variable to a specific field in a grid row. The link is meant to work with the add/edit window for an edit grid.

Comment

there were several errors... i had a few standalone variables being declared... i had to move them above the new dSpec.... i had the procedure definition at the top of my code so that became a duplicate definition....obviously setResponse wasn't found at first....

ok on the link.....i only tried it because i can't quite get it to do what i need....

what about, the snack bar and widget resfresh appvars? can they be used?? i can't seem to get them to work either....

Comment

I think it would be if we could see this over a meeting. Snackbar and refresh widget app vars (and all others) should be working. We will reach out to you directly.

Comment

Working...
        X