• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

row level security in NAB app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• row level security in NAB app

What is the best way to limit access to certain rows in a table for certain users in Valence using the NAB data source widget?

Hi David -

What exactly do you mean by limit access to a row?

Comment

Row level permissions by user - certain users cannot see a row based on the value of one of its columns...

Comment

In that case your data source should not return the row for that user. You can access the user of the request in your data source by using "session_user" or "user".
        Last edited by sean.lanktree; 10-07-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

So I would compare the session_user to a hard coded list of user name's???
          Last edited by sean.lanktree; 10-07-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I would suggest you have a table to control the security.

Suppose I am returning a list of customers and one of the columns in the list is state.
            Suppose user "JOE" should not be allowed to view customers from IL and CA.

I would have a table to control this. 2 records, both entries for user JOE...one for IL and one for CA.

Then I would use this file when pulling the customers to omit any of the applicable records.

If you do not have a DB to handle this sort of thing then yes, you would need a hard coded list of users....whether it was the back-end or the front-end handling it.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks!

Comment

...That might be a nice feature to add to NAB... Just saying...

Comment

Working...
                X