• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB Timeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB Timeout

I'm having trouble downloading a Nitro Query to Excel for one of our customers.

Errors app shows these details:

Message Text:
    Timeout encountered during processing of remote QSHELL command
    Help Text:
    No response was found in data queue VV186428O within timeout value of 60 seconds. If job VRMT186428, which is responsible for processing remote calls and populating the data queue, is no longer running then you must restart the IWMDTST server instance before any more remote commands can be processed.
    Valence Login ID:
    IWMSADMIN
    IBM i User:
    IWMSADMIN
    Timestamp:
    2023-07-19-15.59.05.442000
    Job Number:
    Calling Program:
    VVRMTDB
    Call Stack:
    VVCALL[VVCALL]-->VVDATASRC[VVDATASRC]-->VVDATASRC[GETDATAEXCEL]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_EXECSQLTOSS]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_SSSQLROWS]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_SSOPENWORKSHEET]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_SSOPENWORKBOOK]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_XLSXOPENWORKBOOK]-->VVSRVPGM{VVUTILITY}[VVUTILITY_QSHELL]-->VVRMTDB[VVRMTDB]-->VVRMTDB[PROCESSDIRECTIVE]

Procedure:
    VVOUT_XLSXOpenWorkBook
    Message Text:
    Error opening Temp XLSX workspace
    Help Text:
    Failed to open XLSX workspace
    Valence Login ID:
    IWMSADMIN
    IBM i User:
    IWMSADMIN
    Timestamp:
    2023-07-19-15.59.05.463000
    Job Number:
    Calling Program:
    VVSRVPGM
    Call Stack:
    VVCALL[VVCALL]-->VVDATASRC[VVDATASRC]-->VVDATASRC[GETDATAEXCEL]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_EXECSQLTOSS]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_SSSQLROWS]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_SSOPENWORKSHEET]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_SSOPENWORKBOOK]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_XLSXOPENWORKBOOK]

Can you offer any guidance regarding the potential cause please?

Can you confirm job VRMT186428 is active?

Is the Excel download problem specific to a single app, or is it happening across all apps?

Comment

Hi Rob,

Yes, Job VMRMT186428 is active, nothing in the joblog to suggest a problem there. The other CGI job that runs shows "Directory created" in its joblog, e.g. "Directory /IWMSTST/valence-5.1/temp/155805 was successfully created", and I can see that folder on the IFS, with objects in it, including a "worksheets" directory with a "sheet1.xml" in it:

Work with Object Links

Directory . . . . : /IWMSTST/valence-5.1/temp/155805

Type options, press Enter.
      2=Edit 3=Copy 4=Remove 5=Display 7=Rename 8=Display attributes
      11=Change current directory ...

Opt Object link Type Attribute Text
      _rels DIR
      docProps DIR
      xl DIR
      ^Content_Types].xm > STMF

Looking at the timing tab in the GUI (Chrome Dev Tools) shows that it times out after 60 seconds.
      We can see "Waiting for 10.210.3.21..." in the bottom left of the screen while it's trying to connect, etc. - this disappears when the 60 seconds is up.

The Excel download is specific to one single Nitro Query, but we only have one setup so far.

Comment

Do you have a more recent version of Valence installed on that machine? It'd be helpful to know if migrating that app to a Valence 6.* instance (preferably 6.2) resolves the issue. That would help narrow down the issue. There have been quite a few changes since Valence 5.1.

Comment

Hi Rob,

No, this is on a hosted machine and we only have Valence 5.1 on there - our product (Indigo WMS) is embedded in that version of Valence anyway, so it's not an option to upgrade at that level.

Cheers,
          Ian

Comment

Understood, but if we could confirm the Excel download for that Nitro app functions fine in 6.* that would help narrow down the root cause of the problem you're encountering.

If temporarily installing Valence 6.2 is not an option, we'll need to schedule some time to have a look at that 5.1 system with you directly over a web meeting. Let me know.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Having spoken to Glenn Melville here at Indigo, we'll try temporarily installing Valence 6.2 to see if that works - I'll get back in touch when we have some results.

Cheers,
              Ian

Comment

Hi Rob,

I can confirm that Valence 6.2 works ok on that hosted LPAR - I've successfully created a simple Nitro Query and been able to download to .xlsx from it.

Please see attached picture confirming that :)

Not sure where we go from here, but if you're available for a web meeting sometime, so I can demonstrate the problem, please let me know.

Cheers,
                Ian
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Okay, that's good to know. Let me review the differences for that process between 5.1 and 6.2 and see if I can isolate some sort of a solution (patch) for this issue. I will reach out to you directly.

Comment

We found 2 problems, with the help of Rob:

1. \<Valence>\resources\bin folder was missing on the IFS, so the download process could not find the 'zip' and 'unzip' folders.

2. QSHELL configuration - when the file being downloaded is compressed, it uses QSH commands and these are taking over a minute to run, exceeding the timeout in the GUI (at Valence 5.1) - the V7R4M0 IBM i where this is happening must not be configured for QSHELL.

We fixed problem 1 by copying the folders in from another Valence instance.
                    We need to investigate and resolve problem 2 ourselves.

Thanks for all your help Rob :)

Comment

Working...
                    X