• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB Application Download to Excel Empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB Application Download to Excel Empty

I have a long-running data source that eventually shows data in a grid. When I then click download, it should download the data to Excel. But the resulting Excel file has no data... only the column names. Is it timing out on the download? Is the timeout for a download defined somewhere other than the NAB timeout setting?

That doesn't sound like a timeout... Do you see any exception messages in the Errors app?

What happens if you filter the grid down to a few rows and then hit download - does that yield rows in the spreadsheet?

Valence 5.* is a bit long in the tooth - it might be interesting to see if you try doing the same download in Valence 6.1 if it works any differently. There have been a fair number of enhancements and fixes applied to the spreadsheet download logic in the last couple releases.

Comment

Is the grid using legacy excel?

Comment

robert.swanson , No error is being produced in the errors app. And the grid only has about 130 rows total. However, you are correct that when I filter it down, to only 19 records in my test, the Excel file was produced quickly and accurately. When showing all 130 records with no filter, the download seems to take a long time and no records make it into the Excel file.

p.s. we are planning to move to 6.x in January, hopefully.

Johnny Major , no the Excel box is checked, not the Legacy Excel box.

Comment

Maybe try switching it to Legacy Excel (back-end generated) and see if anything different happens... There might be an invalid hex character embedded in one of the cells that is throwing it off. You're likely eliminating the culprit row when you apply the filter and get a spreadsheet with actual content.

Comment

robert.swanson , ok that worked. Changing it to Legacy Excel caused the Excel data to be created correctly. Not quite sure I understand the difference between the two but happy that it's now working. Thank you to you and Johnny.

Comment

Working...
            X