• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excel customisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel customisation

Hi,

I added a button to a grid widget (I need to know the filter value) for creating and downloading a specific list in excel. I have some questions about that:

Can I postion the button in another position? Now it consumes an additional line leaving less space for the list.

In some situations I want to display a message and return no excel sheet. Can that be done?

I would like to adjust some document properties like Author, Company etc. Can that be done?

I have 3 header lines that I would like to freeze. I tried some vvOut.embed code but didn't get it to work.

Is it possible to apply a table layout to the list part of the excel sheet? I would like to have striped rows.

I am using the
    vvOut_SSopenWorkbook(vvOut)
    vvOut_SSopenWorksheet(vvOut)
    vvOut_ssSqlRows(vvOut : SqlStmt : %addr(col) : cols)
    vvOut_SScloseWorksheet(vvOut)
    vvOut_SScloseWorkbook(vvOut)
    instructions.

Regards,
    Theo

Hi Theo,

Answering your questions:

Can I position the button in another position? Now it consumes an additional line leaving less space for the list.
    For various technical reasons there is currently no ability to change the vertical position of the button within a NAB app, as it's a bit of a complex adjustment. At present you would need to create the app from scratch (meaning outside of NAB) to achieve this kind of UX exception.

In some situations I want to display a message and return no excel sheet. Can that be done?
    Yes, instead of your program returning an Excel file you can just have it return a JSON response containing an "info" directive. This will cause a message to appear in the Snackbar.

I would like to adjust some document properties like Author, Company etc. Can that be done?
    I have 3 header lines that I would like to freeze. I tried some vvOut.embed code but didn't get it to work.
    Is it possible to apply a table layout to the list part of the excel sheet? I would like to have striped rows.
    All three of these would require modifying the XML output created in VVOUT. That VVSRVPGM module is open source so you're welcome to take a stab at modifying it (i.e., by passing values to VVOUT through VVOUT.FILL), though documentation for .XLSX formatting can be a little tricky to interpret... If you do decide to take on this challenge and manage to get it working, let us know as we'd be happy to incorporate the code into one of the next builds with some new VVOUT DS fields.

Comment

Working...
    X