• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using vvCall without a portal session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using vvCall without a portal session

Howdy Guys,

I have an app I want to be able to run without being logged into portal session. In the past, I have done that by not using vvCall, just calling my server URL directly. I have app I want to put in portal, so I use vvCall in the code, but also trying to use directly. I'm getting a 569 session exception. Is what I'm doing not going to fly? If possible, can you point me in the right direction?

I'm in transition right now on shop floor, only a few apps ready for use by them. So trying not to force them to login to portal just to use one or two apps. Obviously these apps don't need to run under User's i5 security, I know I can't get that without them creating a session.

Terry,

If you want to run outside the Portal you cannot call vvCall. I would suggest copying your existing Valence app record and create a new one for running outside the portal and put a URL param of outside=true. Then update your application to check for the parameter and if found then call your RPG program directly instead of vvCall.

Comment

Thanks Johnny. That makes sense, otherwise you get none of security advantages vvCall can provide. I suspected as much but wanted to check.

Comment

Working...
      X