• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB: Controlling initial values displayed on form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB: Controlling initial values displayed on form

Mapping grid row values to the form on a click works great when I want to update an existing row.

How do I control the initial values displayed if I'm trying to add a record? Seems to default to mapping the values from the initial grid row. Would much rather clear any values, which is behavior I expected when AutoLoad is unchecked for the form.

The form widget currently does not support setting initial values (to-do item for a future update).

I assume your issue starts after you click a row from a grid that is mapped to the form? Do you have a button to then show the form later that is meant to add a record but the previous values are retained?

Comment

"New" form widget invoked from the "add" button in the upper right hand corner (see NAB_EditEmployee.png) after the Employee grid has been displayed.

Form gets filled with data from the first overall employee data row retrieved, since it's not associated with clicking any particular row. Fills with the same data either before any row is clicked, or after any other row is clicked.

Clicking on a row populates its form as expected for an update (or potentially a delete operation).

I've attached a screenshot of the behaviors configuration for the app, too

Attached Files

Comment

Can you confirm that the "IFIC Employee Form New" widget has Autoload unchecked (under the Data properties) during widget configuration?

Comment

AutoLoad is not checked
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, thanks. I think this may merit an online meeting. We will contact you separately to schedule a time.

Comment

Working...
            X